RENEW YOUR IAPS MEMBERSHIP TODAY!!!
(Remember, IAPS memberships are January 1st to December 31st!)
New and renewing members may register for 2019 IAPS membership by:
- Visiting the Association’s website at http://iaps.net/join-iaps/
- From the drop-down menu “Membership and Student Travel Donation Categories,” please choose the proper membership type for your renewal or new membership.
- Please complete the rest of the form, choosing new or renewing member, providing your complete journal mailing address, and providing your primary email address.
- Click “Add to Cart.” This will open a new tab in your browser, taking you to the PayPal website.
- If you would like to donate to the Student Travel Award, click “CONTINUE SHOPPING” at the top right-hand corner of the PayPal shopping cart site. This will return you to the IAPS membership site. Scroll down to the drop-down menu “Membership and Student Travel Donation Categories” and choose the amount of your donation from the drop-down menu. Click “Add to Cart.” This will add your donation to your membership cart on the already open cart on the PayPal website.
- Please check out by following the instructions on PayPal.
Your IAPS membership includes:
- Print issues of the Journal of the Philosophy of Sport (JPS)
- Electronic issues of JPS
- Electronic access to the JPS archives (from the most recent issue to 1977)
- Electronic access to a second Routledge journal of your choice
- Access to the association’s newsletters.
- Voting privileges
Your membership helps fund a number of IAPS related projects including:
- IAPS daily operation
- Update and maintenance of our website
- Covering membership fees for the affiliations IAPS maintains with other scholarly organizations such as the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE), the International Federation of Philosophical Societies (FISP), and the American Philosophical Association (APA). These organizations provide services and information to IAPS members, chiefly among them is the opportunity to participate in their congresses.
- Conference grants
- Keynote expenses (in order to decrease conference registration fees)
MOST importantly, your membership also helps students in a variety of ways:
- It sustains the Student Travel Award Fund, from which we allocate annually the Student Travel Awards.
- It contributes to the R. Scott Kretchmar Student Essay Award, which this year will be in its fifth edition.
- When you renew your membership for 2019, you will notice the option to donate to the Student Travel Award Fund. We encourage you to donate to this fund. Your generosity will make an important and direct contribution to the profession by helping students attend the annual conference (which should be an important part of their education). Furthermore, it is important to encourage student participation for the sustainability of IAPS.
If you have any questions regarding the renewal of your membership, please contact me at (email@example.com).
Questions related to JPS subscriptions should be directed to Jacqueline Tearle at Routledge, firstname.lastname@example.org