Why join IAPS?
By joining IAPS, you become a member of a vibrant international community of scholars and teachers in the philosophy of sport. Furthermore, you strengthen the Association, its purpose, and the discipline. Membership in IAPS includes print and electronic issues of the Journal of the Philosophy of Sport as well as electronic access to back issues. You also have access to the Association’s newsletters. In addition, you enjoy the benefits of other scholarly organizations such as the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE), the International Federation of Philosophical Societies (FISP), and the American Philosophical Association (APA) to which IAPS is affiliated.
How to become a member of IAPS:
IAPS registers members through this website and uses PayPal to process payments. You may pay using a credit card or through your PayPal account. There are six levels of membership.
|Sustaining Membership (includes Journal)||$83.00 USD|
|Standard Membership (includes Journal)||$60.00 USD|
|Emeritus Membership (includes Journal)||$48.00 USD|
|Subsidized Membership (includes Journal)||$42.00 USD|
|Student Membership (includes Journal)||$42.00 USD|
|Student Membership (DOES NOT include Journal)||$10.00 USD|
You may also choose to donate to the Student Travel Award. Each year IAPS supports students’ efforts to attend and present their research and the IAPS Annual Conference. Your generous donation supports this highly valuable recruitment effort to IAPS and the Sport Philosophy discipline.
Join IAPS Online:
To register for IAPS, please complete the following form and check out via PayPal.
- From the drop-down menu “Membership and Student Travel Donation Categories,” please choose the proper membership type for your renewal or new membership.
- Please complete the rest of the form, choosing new or renewing member, providing your complete journal mailing address, and providing your primary email address.
- Click “Add to Cart.” This will open a new tab in your browser, taking you to the PayPal website.
- If you would like to donate to the Student Travel Award, click “CONTINUE SHOPPING” at the top right-hand corner of the PayPal shopping cart site. This will return you to the IAPS membership site. Scroll down to the drop-down menu “Membership and Student Travel Donation Categories” and choose the amount of your donation from the drop-down menu. Click “Add to Cart.” This will add your donation to your membership cart on the already open cart on the PayPal website.
- Please check out by following the instructions on PayPal.
Please contact Routledge: firstname.lastname@example.org for information on institutional library subscriptions.
If you wish to join IAPS by paper form, please email the IAPS secretary/treasurer, Peter Hopsicker, at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Secretary-Treasurer:
Peter M. Hopsicker, Ph.D.
Head, Division of Education, Human Development, and Social Sciences
Associate Professor of Kinesiology
106 Elm Building
Penn State Altoona
Altoona, Pennsylvania 16601